Using the File Manager
Update: new file manager is now available in the latest cPanel version, the tips below also apply.
Log into cPanel and click on the "File Manager" link. A page will open in a new window.
All of your website files are stored in the public_html directory. To navigate to it (or any other folder) click on the folder image.
Adding a Folder
1. Locate and click the "Create New Folder" link
2. Enter the name for your new folder and click "Create"
Managing a Folder/File
1. Click the folder/file name you wish to manage
2. You will be able to perform some tasks such as deleting or renaming on the folder/file. Clicking on the appropriate link will allow you to perform that task.
Uploading a File
1. Navigate to the directory you would like to upload to.
2. Click browse to find the file you'd like to upload.
3. If the file already exists in the folder you're uploading to and you would like to overwrite it, check the box labeled "Overwrite existing files"
4. Press "Upload"
Change Folder/File Permissions
1. Click the name of the folder/file
2. Select "Change Permissions" from the righthand side
3. You can either check the boxes for the appropriate permissions or enter them manually in the text boxes.
4. Click change to save
Was this answer helpful?
You may wish to set up an email address in cPanel that redirects to another email address.1. Log...
What is a subdomain? Say your domain is domainame.ltd you would like to create...
To Run a Traceroute in Windows: In Windows 98 or ME, Go to “Start” > “Run”. Type “command”...
Error pages are a part of a website that are shown when a visitor tries to visit a page and there...
If someone is linking directly to your images or files from another website you may decide to set...