Password Protecting a Directory
1. Log into cPanel
2. Select "Password Protection"
3. Select the folder you would like to protect by clicking on the folder name.
4. Check the checkbox at the top to protect the directory.
5. Select a name for this protected directory. This is shown to a user when they are prompted to log in - for example, "Members Only Area"
6. Click "Save"
7. Select "Go Back" to add a user
8. Enter a username and password at the bottom, and click "Add New User"
To edit an existing user's password click on their name and enter the new password in the password field, then click "Change Password"
To delete an existing user click on their name and click "Delete User".
Was this answer helpful?
Please read this tutorial for detailed instruction on how to Upgrade/Downgrade a hosting...
You may wish to set up an email address in cPanel that redirects to another email address.1. Log...
This feature is available on our domain parking package. 1. Log into cPanel2. Select...
If someone is linking directly to your images or files from another website you may decide to set...