Password Protecting a Directory
1. Log into cPanel
2. Select "Password Protection"
3. Select the folder you would like to protect by clicking on the folder name.
4. Check the checkbox at the top to protect the directory.
5. Select a name for this protected directory. This is shown to a user when they are prompted to log in - for example, "Members Only Area"
6. Click "Save"
7. Select "Go Back" to add a user
8. Enter a username and password at the bottom, and click "Add New User"
To edit an existing user's password click on their name and enter the new password in the password field, then click "Change Password"
To delete an existing user click on their name and click "Delete User".
Was this answer helpful?
Error pages are a part of a website that are shown when a visitor tries to visit a page and there...
What is a subdomain? Say your domain is domainame.ltd you would like to create...
AEserver's shared platforms have resource limits in place and these resource limits are designed...
Update: new file manager is now available in the latest cPanel version, the tips below also...
NOTE: You must have an existing POP email account to set up an autoresponder.1. Log into cPanel2....