Password Protecting a Directory
1. Log into cPanel
2. Select "Password Protection"
3. Select the folder you would like to protect by clicking on the folder name.
4. Check the checkbox at the top to protect the directory.
5. Select a name for this protected directory. This is shown to a user when they are prompted to log in - for example, "Members Only Area"
6. Click "Save"
7. Select "Go Back" to add a user
8. Enter a username and password at the bottom, and click "Add New User"
To edit an existing user's password click on their name and enter the new password in the password field, then click "Change Password"
To delete an existing user click on their name and click "Delete User".
Was this answer helpful?
Update: new file manager is now available in the latest cPanel version, the tips below also...
1. Log into cPanel and select "mySQL Databases"2. Find the box with "Db:" and...
You may wish to set up an email address in cPanel that redirects to another email address.1. Log...
1. Log into cPanel2. Select FTP Manager > FTP Accounts3. Select "Add Account"4....
To generate a full backup in cPanel:Log into cPanel.In the Files section, click on the Backups...