Using the File Manager
Log into cPanel and click on the "File Manager" link. A page will open in a new window.
All of your website files are stored in the public_html directory. To navigate to it (or any other folder) click on the folder image.
Adding a Folder:
1. Locate and click the "Create New Folder" link
2. Enter the name for your new folder and click "Create"
Managing a Folder/File:
1. Click the folder/file name you wish to manage
2. You will be able to perform some tasks such as deleting or renaming on the folder/file. Clicking on the appropriate link will allow you to perform that task.
Uploading a File:
1. Navigate to the directory you would like to upload to.
2. Click browse to find the file you'd like to upload.
3. If the file already exists in the folder you're uploading to and you would like to overwrite it, check the box labeled "Overwrite existing files"
4. Press "Upload"
Change Folder/File Permissions:
1. Click the name of the folder/file
2. Select "Change Permissions" from the righthand side
3. You can either check the boxes for the appropriate permissions or enter them manually in the text boxes.
4. Click change to save
Password Protecting a Directory:
1. Log into cPanel
2. Select "Password Protection"
3. Select the folder you would like to protect by clicking on the folder name.
4. Check the checkbox at the top to protect the directory.
5. Select a name for this protected directory. This is shown to a user when they are prompted to log in - for example, "Members Only Area"
6. Click "Save"
7. Select "Go Back" to add a user
8. Enter a username and password at the bottom, and click "Add New User"
**To edit an existing user's password click on their name and enter the new password in the password field, then click "Change Password"
**To delete an existing user click on their name and click "Delete User"
Was this answer helpful?