To connect your domain to the Ecom website, you will need to make changes both in your Ecom admin panel and in your domain registrar account. If you haven’t yet purchased a domain, you can order a domain in the link below:
Once you have the domain name:
- From your Ecom admin, go to Website → Domain.
- In the Site Address block, click Change Address.
- In the Use your own domain name field enter your custom domain name:
- Copy the IP address that you see under the Use your own domain name field (you will see it after you place the cursor in this field.)
- Click Save.
Once you have the IP address, you can go your DNS management tool to add the records:
To set up domain in your domain registrar account:
- Log in to your domain registrar's account and look for DNS Management tool.
- Create an A-record for your custom domain (your-domain.com) and point it to the IP-address you copied from your admin.
Make sure to delete other A or AAAA records for your root domain, so they don’t conflict with the A record pointing to your Site.
- To make your Instant Site available at www.your-domain.com as well, create a CNAME record for your custom domain your-domain.com and specify www as a name/alias for it. You will need to add the following to DNS record:
www IN CNAME @
www IN CNAME your-domain.com
- If you are not sure how to make these changes, contact your domain registrar support for more detailed instructions.
- Wait for the changes to propagate. It can take from 2 to 48 hours for domain changes to propagate.
Once the setup is complete and the changes are propagated, your Instant Site will become available at the specified addresses.
If you open your domain name straight after you add the A-record and CNAME there, you will most likely see "This site can’t be reached" message. That's expected behavior. Give it from 2 to 48 hours for the changes to propagate on the side of the domain and our hosting to connect the domain name to your store.