To connect your domain to the Ecom website, you will need to make changes both in your Ecom admin panel and in your domain registrar account. If you haven’t yet purchased a domain, you can order a domain in the link below:
Once you have the domain name:
- From your Ecom admin, go to Website → Domain.
- In the Site Address block, click Change Address.
- In the Use your own domain name field enter your custom domain name:
- Copy the IP address that you see under the Use your own domain name field (you will see it after you place the cursor in this field.)
- Click Save.
Once you have the IP address, you can go your DNS management tool to add the records:
To set up domain in your domain registrar account:
- Log in to your domain registrar's account and look for DNS Management tool.
- Create an A-record for your custom domain (your-domain.com) and point it to the IP-address you copied from your admin.
Make sure to delete other A or AAAA records for your root domain, so they don’t conflict with the A record pointing to your Site.
- To make your Instant Site available at www.your-domain.com as well, create a CNAME record for your custom domain your-domain.com and specify www as a name/alias for it. You will need to add the following to DNS record:
www IN CNAME @
www IN CNAME your-domain.com
- If you are not sure how to make these changes, contact your domain registrar support for more detailed instructions.
- Wait for the changes to propagate. It can take from 2 to 48 hours for domain changes to propagate.
Once the setup is complete and the changes are propagated, your Instant Site will become available at the specified addresses.